Thank you to all who participated in
The Huntington Time Machine Adventure!
The Town of Huntington is blessed with a rich heritage and numerous organizations working to preserve and share that history. On April 29 and 30, eleven of these historic places were open to visitors as stops on the Huntington Time Machine Adventure Museum Challenge!
Visitors learned about their history and their community. Three lucky participants who visited at least four of the museums won a basket of Huntington history related items.
We look forward to the next Time Machine Adventure!
Participating Organizations and Sites
- The David Conklin Farmhouse (Huntington Historical Society)
- The Cold Spring Harbor Whaling Museum and Education Center
- Walt Whitman Birthplace (April 29th only)
- Northport Historical Society Museum
- The Vanderbilt Museum
- The Heckscher Museum
- The John Gardiner Farmhouse (Greenlawn-Centerport Historical Society)
- The Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Building (Huntington Historical Society)
- Half Hollow Hills Library (special exhibit on farming in Half Hollow Hills)
- Cold Spring Harbor Firehouse Museum
- The Thompson Building (Northport Historical Society)